Skip to main content

2 Month Comparison

My husband and I seem to forget quite a bit about the early months with our baby girl.  We keep thinking that our little guy is so much smaller than our Baby Girl was but that's not the case! 


They really are quite comparable so I'm really anxious to see how the little guy keeps growing.  He just feels like he is so much smaller than she was at that age. He seems a bit more fragile than she ever did. The one big difference is the size of their heads. Baby Girl had a much bigger head than the little guy does.  That also means that the little guy has much better control of his head now than Baby Girl did at this age.  He really holds it up himself well.

Little Man is only sleeping about 3 hours at a time but in total he sleeps way more than Baby Girl ever did. At this point, she was staying awake a large portion of the day and then sleeping 5-6 hours at night. Little guy sleeps a lot during the day, only staying awake for a few hours total throughout the day. Regardless of how much he is awake during they day, he still wakes every 2-3 hours at night. I'm really hoping this changes soon.

From birth, Baby Girl was just happiest little thing. She only ever cried when she was hungry, hot or needed a fresh diaper. Little Guy is a bit different. He wants to be held more and he lets me know it. He whines quite a bit but if I hold him for 5 minutes, I can usually put him down and he is fine.

It's just different having this little boy. He's not quite as independent as Baby Girl was. He has a hard time sleeping in his crib and we never had any problems with Baby Girl in that area. He prefers to sleep in the swing and she liked the bassinet. She smiled and talked all the time and he is only just starting to smile and talk more.

I do feel like he is a bit more responsive than she was. He will smile so big at me it brings tears to my eyes. He will lay on his mat and just smile and laugh and it's so cute.  It doesn't seem to take much to get him to smile and laugh.

As far as looks go, they are quite comparable and yet so much different!  They both have the crazy hair and the little button nose.  You can see the difference in head size here.  Baby Girl's cheeks are a bit more full but Little Man is catching up.  They both have the blue eyes and big smiles!


I love that I was able to save a few of Ashlyn's outfits for Bryan to wear.
I won't tell which pictures belong to which baby, I'll let you all figure that out for yourselves!

Comments

  1. Your daughter was the CUTEST BABY! OMG what a doll. In the bottom four photos, the one on the top right is sooooo cute. WOW. She seriously looks like a glass doll

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse