Skip to main content

Three Months

No doctor's stats this time.  He doesn't go back until December when he gets his next round of shots.  Baby Girl goes in for her 2 year check up at the same time.  Daddy will be coming with us for that appointment and I'm hoping it goes more smoothly than the last one!

The basics?

Little Guy has graduated to size 2 diapers.  I knew I needed to move him up when he started peeing through the size ones.  Like his sister, he needs them in length but they are loose around his belly so we have to make them extra tight.  He is wearing some size 3-6 month clothing but mostly 6 month.  I just ordered his holiday outfit and I'm hoping his Christmas PJs still fit on Christmas!

I was right in thinking that by this post, he would be a formula baby.  I'm still not happy about this but it is what it is.  He is happy and healthy and that's all that I can ask for.  Giving up on the stress this has created for us has really helped us to become a happier family.  Hopefully I will have better luck with breastfeeding with a third child.  Yes, there will be a third child.  Maybe even a fourth.  Ha...we'll see about that!

My little piggy still eats around every 3 hours and he's up to about 6 ounces per bottle.  He usually eats a little less in the mornings and a little more at night but we average around 6 ounces.  I was still having quite a bit of trouble getting him to sleep any length of time at night but that all changed about a week ago. 

The past five nights, he has slept between 5 and 8 hours every single night.  I can't even tell you how excited I am about this.  During the day, he stays awake for about 2 hours at a time and then sleeps for 30-60 minutes.  He usually takes one longer nap in the middle of the day but then has those cat naps the rest of the time.

This has obviously helped him with sleeping at night.  He still likes to go to bed pretty late some nights but at least he is sleeping longer at night.  He is still sleeping in his bassinet but I'm hoping to get him to his crib soon.  I am going to give him a few more nights in the bassinet to make sure this sleeping at night thing isn't a fluke then start in the crib.

He still doesn't really have a set schedule.  We just kind of go with this new routine of his.  Once I know for sure that this staying awake during the day/sleeping at night thing is going to continue, I will work on getting him on an actual schedule.

I think he is finally starting to like his baths.  I gave him one last night and he just smiled the whole time.  He doesn't kick the water or anything yet but I know he will soon!  He loves to be naked so this might be a reason for all the smiles.  As soon as his butt hits the changing table he smiles because he knows the clothes are coming off!

He holds his head up so well, much better than his sister did at his age.  And he sits up really well so far.  With how much he moves, we think he is going to be crawling much sooner than his sister did.  He doesn't like to stand quite as much as his sister did at this point but he does wiggle a lot.

OMG you guys.....the smiles and laughs....they are ridiculous.  Every single time I look at him and say hi, he gets a huge smile on his face.  If I keep doing it, he starts to laugh.  Can I just tell you how much I forgot about those baby smiles.  I crave them.  It is my goal to make him smile.  He is also talking a lot more.  He yells and carries on and is just so funny!

He has also started grabbing things.  He found his toes the other day and latched on.  It was very cute.  He has grabbed onto his toys a few times too.  He loves his bouncing chair and spends a lot of time in that. 

The thrush that he had went away after about three weeks.  I was afraid it was never going away but it finally did.  He has started drooling something fierce.  I can't believe he would be teething already but I guess it's possible.  His sister got her teeth early too so we'll see.

Pictures of my sweet Little Boy:







 
If you follow me on Instagram (vmiller0918) you may have seen some of these already.


Little Dude, I can't even tell you how ridiculous you are right now.  You are starting see things so much more clearly now.  You are grabbing at things and you are very nosy.  Your smiles are like gold to Momma and all she tries to do is make you laugh!  I love to hear you talk too!

You still aren't a big fan of tummy time and mostly just fall asleep when I put you on your mat.  It's ok, your sister hated tummy time too.  But you have really great control of that little head of yours without the tummy time.

 You are still the best cuddler.  Mommy and Daddy LOVE this.  You are so content just squished up against one of us.  You get a little restless after a while but that's ok.  We'll take what we can get.  You are starting to resemble your sister more and more in your actions.  You are usually really happy like she was and you're starting to sleep at night!

My BEAUTIFUL 3 month old Little Guy:



Stay tuned for a comparison post.
 

Comments

  1. YAY! He is finally giving you a little break with his sleep schedule! He is such a happy baby :] I cant believe you have a 3 month old and you're already thinking about another one. LOL you are made to be a mommy! Happy three months little guy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse