Skip to main content

Friday's Letters


 
Dear Baby Girl, I don't think I can tell you enough how much of a rock star you really are.  You have your moments but for an almost two year old, you listen pretty well.  You had some play time and lunch with Maya today and you rocked it.  You are so well behaved and I am so proud of you.

Dear Little Man, you have no idea how happy it makes me to see you smile and laugh and to watch you master your new trick of blowing raspberries.  You are so stinking cute it makes my heart hurt.  The smile you gave me this morning brought tears to my eyes (see above).  I know that in no time at all, you will be a walking, talking toddler just like your sister.  Let's slow it down a bit OK?

Dear Me, stop being jealous of all the ladies you see that barely gained any baby weight and then barely look pregnant afterwards.  You are built differently and have to work a little harder to lose that baby weight.  Get it done.

Dear vibrating bouncy chair, you are the best investment I have ever made.  You are pretty much the only thing that keeps my little guy calm for any length of time.  He is a happy little guy but a restless little guy and you keep his attention quite nicely.

Dear dogs, you are misbehaving more than ever and you are working on my last nerve.  You need to get your shit together before Mommy and Daddy find you all new homes! 

Dear Parenthood, I love you.  I think that you are an excellent show and that you address real life issues.  I don't like the fact that you almost always make me cry!

Dear readers, Have a good weekend!

Photobucket

11-15-13

Comments

  1. I cry in every. single. episode of that show. Gets me every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our animal (cat) comes close to finding a new home every week!! I'm afraid of how's she's going to start behaving when we bring another baby home. She was not the nicest when we brought M home.....
    I have the same issue with reminding myself to not compare myself to other pregnant ladies. It's hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Parenthood! It's definitely one of my favorite shows. I am a huge Bob Dylan fan so I was sold the first time I watched it when they used "Forever Young" in the opening credits. My dogs are acting out too, I think they're jealous of all the attention I'm giving Dylan and not them. Ugh stupid rats! lol And don't stress about your weight or other women's pregnancy weight gain/loss. It's not easy by any means, you'll get there when you get there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse