Skip to main content

I Love My Job

First of all, what do you think of my new blog design?  Pretty plain and simple but that's what I was going for.  I was tired of the bright pink and random colors.  I think I'll keep this for a while.

If you've been following me for a while, you know that I struggled big time when I went back to work after having my daughter.  I had never wanted to be a stay at home mom but going back to work was horrible.  I hated being away from my girl.  I hated knowing that someone else was spending more time with her than I was.  My work production was way down because I was so distracted with missing my little girl.

My husband and I decided that I needed to stay home.  We weren't happy with the daycare anymore and we had a second baby on the way.  We sent our girl to a church daycare but having two in daycare?  Just too expensive.  So I left my job this past July and never looked back.

This new job I have, this stay at home mom job.....hardest job I've ever had.  Hands down.  I have two kids pulling at me all day long and then a husband to take care of as well.  The cooking, the cleaning, the grocery shopping, the laundry washing, the dish doing, the feeding, the diaper changing, the bath giving, the lunch packing.  I do it all. 

I really think I thought it was going to be easier.  I think I thought I would have much more down time.  I didn't think the days would get away from me the way they do.  I didn't think I'd be so busy.  I thought keeping up with everything would be cake.

I'm not complaining, just explaining.

It's a lot.  I am constantly moving and hardly ever have any down time.  My husband works, provides.  He leaves the house no later than 6am on any given day and gets home no earlier than 4:30pm on any given day, and that's only because he works outside and it gets dark earlier.  There are many days when he comes home, eats dinner, and leaves again.  He works hard.

I am thankful for this because it means I get to stay at home with my babies.  It means I get to watch them grow and experience new things.  It means I get to see all of the firsts for my son that I may have missed with my daughter. 

And let me tell you, it's been awesome.

My children...they amaze me every single day. 

I look at my daughter multiple times a day and just think about how beautiful she is.  Her big, blue eyes and her adorable smile and her cute little pigtails.  The way she speaks is out of this world for an almost two year old.  She is extremely smart and very sassy.

When she takes something from me and says I do it Mommy, I know she is going to be independent like Mommy.  When she says hi to random strangers and gives big hugs, I know she is going to be social like her Daddy.  I really think she is the best of both of us.

Then I look at my son and think about how handsome he is.  His blue eyes and his tiny, kissable cheeks and his thick, brown hair.  He smiles and laughs more and more every single day.  He is happy just like his sister was as a baby and yet he is so different from her.

I can't even begin to explain how proud I am to call these kids mine.

We have our days.  Bad days.  Days when all the girl wants to do is whine and complain because things aren't going her way.  Days when the boy is way too clingy and equally as whiny.  Days when all Mommy wants to do is leave the kids with Daddy and run.

But the good days outweigh bad. 

When my daughter says 'good morning mommy, how are you.'  When she says 'sing it Mommy' and then sings every word to You Are My Sunshine with me.  When she tells me what she wants and what she doesn't want.  When she randomly runs to me and hugs me and tells me she loves me.  When my son looks up at me and gives me the biggest smile.  When he decides to sleep through the night.

These kids make it worth it.

It's not always perfect but it sure does beat going to an office every day.

I love my job.

The Life Of Faith

Comments

  1. Makes me happy that you are so happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Being a mom really is he best job in the world. :-) Love the new blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new design!! And you are so right about all of this stay at home mom stuff!! Only recently do I 'have' down time but it's because I'm choosing to let other things slide. My husband is gone at 4:30am and not home until 4:30pm at the earliest - so I get the long days! We are lucky though because staying home is something I never thought I'd want to do, or when pregnant with M I didn't think I'd be able too. Even though it's the hardest job I've ever had, it worth the sacrifices we make when I get to experience her 'firsts' with her and not her day care teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a mom is tough. So no worries if you want to complain. Some days I wish I could call in sick. But I wouldn't change it for the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new blog design, it's simple and beautiful. Being a SAHM is extremely hard. My mom was a sahm w/5 daughters and looking back I have no idea how she kept her sanity. Cleaning, cooking, dealing with attitudes from so many chicks...YIKES! If I didn't have my mom to watch Dylan all day I don't know if I would be able to handle leaving him with a stranger. I love your job too

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't see your old blog but this one looks great! I understand how you feel about staying home. It's hard. It's great but it's hard. It takes awhile to find your groove and then your kids change and you have to find it all over again :) Welcome to the SAHM club!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse