Skip to main content

I Have a Two Year Old

I started this post a month ago and it has taken me this long to get it done!
 
My (not so) little two year old is just as perfect today as she was the day she was born!

Doctor's Stats:
Weight:  28lbs 8oz (75th %)
Height:  34.5 inches (75th %)
Head: 20 inches (97th % - still on the charts!)

The basics?

Diapers - Size 5 but hoping that potty training will take off soon!
Clothing - 3T tops and 2T bottoms, although the bottoms are a bit big on her
Food - Typical toddler has become more picky...loves mac and cheese, spaghetti O's, broccoli and carrots
Sleeping - Sleeping 9-11 hours each night, rare 1 hour naps mid-day
Daycare - NO MORE!
Teeth - All but two molars which are cutting now
Words - She speaks in complete sentences
Favorite cartoons - Mickey Mouse Club House, Doc McStuffins
Favorite toy - Her new kitchen, klip klop princess castle, Little People farm

I don't know where this kid gets her attitude from (yes she gets it from me) but let me tell ya....she's giving me a run for my money!  Generally, she is the sweetest little thing in the world.  She will stop whatever she is doing and run to me and tell me she needs to hug me.  She will randomly tell me that she loves me so much.  She will look me straight in the eyes and say, 'how ya doing mommy?'  I can't even explain how amazing this kid is in moments like that.

And then five minutes later she's completely ignoring me and making me want to rip my hair out!  She has a ridiculous talent for selective hearing.  It's like super sensitive.  I've never seen anything like it.  She will blatantly ignore me, walk away from me, point at me and tell me no.  It's awesome. 

The one good thing....no serious tantrums yet.  Can I really be so lucky to get a kid who doesn't throw tantrums?  I'm sure they will come but for now, I'm cool with the attitude as long as it doesn't come with kicking and screaming and banging her head on the floor. 

The kid talks like no two year old I've ever known.  Let's see...some examples of her language lately.  "Mommy, this necklace is butiful."  Yea she loves jewelry.  "Mommy, you gonna make lunch?"  Kid loves to eat.  "Mommy, I wanna watch a movie!"  She loves to watch movies.  "Mommy, you come sit on the floor with me?"  I mean really?  "Mommy, how bout you get me some gwapes."  Yes, she's quite the boss.

She literally speaks like an adult.  We have fluid conversations with the kid.  When the doctor said she should have a vocabulary of 200 words, I had to laugh.  This kid has a much bigger vocabulary than that!  And we love it!  Little Miss smarty pants!

She loves to sing.  She really loves music in general and has played with her new piano and musical instruments non stop.  We love to hear her sing.  She knows tons of songs like The Itsy Bitsy Spider, Twinkle Twinkle, You Are My Sunshine and If You're Happy and You Know It.  She also knows a lot of theme songs like Doc McStuffins, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Little Einsteins.

She also has a great imagination!  She started imaginative play about three months ago and just hasn't stopped.  She takes her stuffed pugs and makes them sit and orders them around.  She pushes her baby doll around in her stroller and talks to her.  She makes us fake tea and makes us drink it.  She loves her little kitchen so I'm hoping she'll like to be in the real kitchen too!

She hasn't been in daycare since July of last year and it has been awesome.  It's so nice to have her home with me.  And she hasn't been sick since she left daycare.  That's pretty exciting considering how often she was getting sick before! 

Pictures of my sweet Baby Girl:






 

 

My little Baby Girl...You are growing up so quickly!

24 Weeks
 
24 Months


Baby Girl, I cannot even describe to you how absolutely amazing you are.  You are seriously the sweetest two year old I've ever seen.  You are always giving hugs and kisses and telling us how much you love us.  Your hugs are still the best.

You have been such a good big sister.  It took you a little while to warm up to your brother but now, you are so good with him.  You always try to comfort him when he cries.  The other day he was crying and you just kept saying 'It's ok sweetheart!'  You always try to make sure he has his blanket and pacifier too.  You are such a great big sister.

You speak to Mommy and Daddy so well.  We have full conversations with you now and it's great that we can communicate that way.  You usually listen very well too.  You are always good at helping to clean up your room and never give me a hard time about it.

You love music and you love to sing.  We are always trying to get you to sing.  You really love your new instrument toys, especially the little piano we got you.  Mommy and Daddy are so happy that you love music so much.  And the dancing.  You love to dance!

My darling little girl...you have no idea how happy you make us.  You are just the sweetest little thing and everyone loves you.  You are a hit everywhere you go!  We are so very lucky to call your our daughter.
 
My BEAUTIFUL 2 year old Baby Girl:



 
The Life Of Faith

Comments

  1. wow! where does time go?! she is such a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your little girl! My youngest & only girl just turned two in November, it's such a fun age!!! So much independence and personality, much different than my boys. Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She reminds so much of Taylor. (even size! Tay needs 3T tops too!). And yes to the sentences. Taylor's sentences now include four and five syllable words. "We are decorating the tree with ornaments". "My skin is dry like a hippopotamus." Gotta love our talkative ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. “How ya doing mommy?” OKAY that would melt me. I hope you knocked on wood with the whole tantrum thing, I always feel like I'm jinxing good behavior when I mention it on my blog. I'll rave about what a good boy Dylan is then BAM, he's a jerk. It must be so cute watching her boss around her stuffed dogs, lol! But there's nothing cuter than a little baby conservationist! She is such a smart girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!