Skip to main content

So What Wednesday

Life After I Dew


This week, I'm saying So What if...
  • Baby Girl has been completely paci free for a week now.  I can't believe the habit was that easy to break. 
  • I get sad whenever I watch the part in Toy Story 3 when the toys fall off the truck in the rain.  I don't know why it makes me so sad.
  • I also get sad whenever I watch Up!
  • I've been watching Tree House Masters and now I kind of want a tree house....for myself.
  • We remodeled our living room like three years ago and never hung our photos back on the walls.  They have been completely bare. 
  • I still haven't made Ashlyn's second year book or our family photo books.  I usually give them as gifts for Christmas.
  • I LOVE that every time I have something in my hands (remote, phone, etc) my little chunk baby tries to steal it.  He pulls my arms towards him until he gets it.  Always makes me laugh.
  • Someone recently told me that I should be drunk all of the time because then I'd be more fun. 
  • I always thought cloth diapering was a bit gross but now I'm seriously considering trying it.  It actually seems much easier and Mommas gotta save some money!
  • I also can't wait start making my own baby good.  I just need to pull the trigger on a good blender.
  • I'm tired of all the judgement against women who get epidurals.  The pain threshold while giving birth is equivalent to 20 bones being fractured.  I'll take an epidural for that.  Watch for a new Mommy Wars post. 
  • We are officially moving!!!!!!!!!!  I am so excited and will share more in another post.

Comments

  1. Can't wait for your mommy wars post! Ridiculous...I loved every second of my epidural...and that doesn't make me less of a woman:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a granny and I used cloth diapers on my kids. It really wasn't that bad but back then we didn't know much about disposable diapers. I didn't have an epidural with any of my three deliveries but if they had been around back then you can bet I would have had one. Birth without drugs is a nightmare!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cloths diapers really have come a long way and I'm kind of excited to try them! I give a lot of credit to women who have babies with no meds but I really feel like women are attacked because they choose meds. It's crazy!

      Delete
  3. When I told my dad I planned on getting an epidural, he cringed. He said that some people have bad reactions to it and that it could leave a residual pain that would feel like electrical current shooting up my spine. Lol, silly daddy. I cant imagine labor without an epidural. I threw up my guts (because you know they don’t let women eat food during their labor) for hours during each contraction. I was crying, screaming, in the worst pain of my life. I had the epidural for 7 hours of my 23 hour labor and wouldn’t go any other way. Critics can go pound sand. I cant believe taking the paci away was so easy- I’ve heard horror stories! Also, I would love a treehouse lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. We seriously considered cloth diapering, I have just yet to pull the trigger on it.
    Can't wait to hear more about moving, so exciting!! Is it the place you've talked about before?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!