Skip to main content

Random Life Stuff

~ I'm really working my ass off on the weight loss efforts.  I enter all of my food into my calorie tracker (Lose It) and I enter my exercise in there every day as well.  I have my own little 30 day program that includes crunches, squats, lunges and a bunch of other exercises.  I will also start adding some cardio to that this week.  Maybe something simple like my Just Dance games that I never use. 

I am usually obsessed with the scale and weigh myself on almost a daily basis.  I know it's not good but I can't help it.  I ignored the scale last week and only weighed myself on my one designated day and I lost almost 2lbs so it's working so far.  I took my measurements last week and will take them again monthly until I reach my goal, which, according to Lose It, is May.

~ I'm really hoping to have some good news to share with you all in regards to the home situation.  We keep getting more and more positive news and we are hoping it stays that way!

~ I'm also really hoping to get on a better blogging routine.  I so miss blogging and reading all of the blogs I follow.  I really feel that I have made some great friends through blogging and I feel like I have really been slacking.  I enjoy talking to all of the ladies I have met and I apologize for not being as present as usual.  Here's hoping the new year brings a little more free time so that I can get back into a groove.

~ I have to mention this because it just annoys me.  At the end of December, a local girl disappeared.  We have been hearing all kinds of news about it and we were all just waiting for her to come home.  They found a body a few days ago and just confirmed yesterday that it is the body of that poor girl. 

You can read more about it HERE.  She was so young.  I didn't know her personally but I do know a few people who knew her.  I feel horrible for this young girl and her family.  I can't imagine losing their child in such a way.

The irritations I have with this is that our local news station posted an article about the identity of the body that was found and the first comment on the article was to scold the newspaper about a spelling error in the article.  I mean how heartless can you be?  This poor girl was killed, her family just found out she is gone and all you can talk about is a spelling error?

People say that I am cold and that I am a bitch but I'm not heartless.  My heart immediately broke when I read the article and I just couldn't believe the nerve of this woman who commented about something so stupid and pointless.

Sorry...just had to get that off my chest!

~ On a more positive note, my husband and I had dinner with some friends the other night and let me tell you how amazing these people are.  They are both deaf and are raising two little girls who are not deaf.  They adopted one little girl because they didn't think they could get pregnant.  A short while later, they were pregnant and now they have two beautiful little girls.

Not only are they deaf with one adopted child and one biological child, their adopted child is also Autistic.  I don't know how they handle all of this but they do it so well.  They are always so personable and always have smiles on their faces.

Our daughters played so well together the other night and they were all so cute.  They also gave me a TON of clothing for Ashlyn.  They have basically clothed her for the next five years.  They gave me two packs of pull up diapers, a few pairs of shoes and some toys they didn't need anymore.  I can't even begin to describe how amazed I am by their generosity.


What kind of life randoms do you have to share?

Comments

  1. Well you know you piqued my interest with the deaf couple. Do they read lips? How did you communicate with them? If Alex doesn't qualify for CI's, that will be his life and I'm very interested to hear how the deaf develop relationships in a hearing world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am blogger slacker too! I miss my you and my blogging friends! It's so much harder with 2 kids! Well and when we aren't sleeping through the night and have newborns. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely couple! I have a thing for people that adopt kids. I am definitely going to foster later this year in hopes to adopt in 2015. The murder of the missing girl is depressing. I cant read such tragedy because it will depress me beyond comprehension, and I am left feeling so helpless. I want to help everyone, save them all, and somehow get justice. Ugh. On another note (to distract myself before I fall too deep into the murder), WTF! JOEL WANTS TO MOVE OUT???????????? I am so upset.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!