Skip to main content

#5 Way to be an Awesome New Dad: Become the Official Photographer of Your Household

"Always keep your digital camera handy and snap a few shots of the baby every couple of days. Make it your job to create and be responsible for the baby's photo database on the family computer or your laptop. Don't worry about being a pro -- there's a reason they're called snapshots. Every picture tells a story, so just imagine what a gifted storyteller you can easily become!"

My husband has an iPhone so he is always snapping pictures. We are both addicted to taking random photos for no reason. If one of the pugs has a really cute face, we snap a photo. If one of the cats is curled up all cute-like on a blanket, we snap a photo. My husband also takes a lot of pictures of any jobs that he might be working on.

We never seem to have any issues with taking pictures. The problem we have is taking pictures of ourselves! Whenever we go on vacation, we have tons of photos of the scenery or the place we are staying but never any of us. We have to break that!

The only issue my husband will have with this is that he is infamous for breaking cameras! I seem to be buying him a new camera every Christmas because somehow he breaks them. If I can get him a good camera, one that he won't break, we will have more pictures than we know what to do with!

We will also have the Lorex baby monitor, which also has the capability of taking pictures. So anytime the baby is sleeping or, once she gets older, playing, we can easily push a button and snap a photo.

Printing and organizing those photos is a different story. We store everything digitally and hardly ever send the pictures to print so I hope we can start getting that done. I like to share my albums online but I know that family members will also want hard copies of photos to hang on their walls the old fashioned way!

Next Topic: #6 Way to be an Awesome New Dad: Set clear expectations and follow through consistently

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,...

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purcha...

Serious Daycare Advice Needed!!!

Ok now I am looking for some serious advice.  If you've read some of my earlier posts, you will know that I'm not a big fan of daycare.  I really hate leaving my Baby Girl with people I don't really know all day long.  Now we know the woman who takes care of Baby Girl for the most part which really helps and was the deciding factor in her going to that particular daycare. The problem I am now having is that there have been 3 or 4 times when I have picked Baby Girl up from daycare and she has had a bad fever.  I'm not talking a little 99 degree fever.  I'm talking you could fry an egg on the palm of her hand 102 degree fever.  It happened again last night.  When I got there, the afternoon lady was holding her and as soon as I took her, I could feel the heat radiating off of her.  When I got her home, her temperature was 102.9.  This is not they kind of temperature you play around with.  Since Baby Girl has been prone to fevers for s...