Skip to main content

#18. Photo Finish

"Finally, you simply will not be able to get by without a camera. In fact, this little device will never be far from your hand and after a few weeks it might start to feel like a part of it. You will find yourself snapping photos of your baby in every change of clothing or environment. Minute changes of your baby's expressions will also come under the camera's scrutiny until you finally capture the one when the eyes light up and the lips curl because he saw your face. And despite everyone's assurances that newborns can't smile, you know, in your heart, that he's happy to see you."

My husband and I are infamous for breaking cameras. It just happens. Last year, I bought my husband a Nikon camera for Christmas and that is now broken. So, we will need a new camera for all of our baby's moments. I like Nikon because the pixelation is great and the cameras are just so easy to use. I would love to have the one below, in pink of course. Do you think my husband will go for it? I doubt it. I guess we'll be buying each other cameras for Christmas this year!

Nikon CoolPix Camera

Pictures will also be very easy to take with the new Lorex Monitor we want to get. In the Lights and Sounds blog, I described this amazing monitor system and how it takes pictures. How cool is that?!

As far as photo albums go, I don't think I will be adding any to my registry. Why? Because I think it's another one of those gifts that that people really like to buy. I did find a website with some adorable albums on it. In filtering through them, I found albums that I would love to have:

Pink Album

Nest Album

When my nephew was born, I got my sister an album from Things Remembered and had the front of it engraved with his name, birth date, weight and length. I also had a little teddy bear engraved on it since he was a boy. I'm hoping someone gets one of those for me.

I actually prefer to make my own albums. I use Shutterfly a lot and I even have my own Shutterfly web page that displays photos from our wedding. (Bryan & Vanessa 09/18/10) I like to make the photo books because there are so many options to choose from and I think that they are reasonably priced.

This concludes the "Essential Gear for Baby's First Six Weeks" blog run. I hope that anyone who does read it enjoyed it. I know I enjoyed finding all of the adorable things and I think I will be able to create my baby registry easily now!

I will find another article like this one to blog about to keep this thing going. I am also thinking of writing a blog based on the new obesity law they are thinking of putting into effect. They want to take obese children away from their parents and put them in foster homes to help get them physically fit. I have seen people argue against this saying that parents should be taught about nutrition and the cost of healthy foods are too high. Really? Here's a secret, the internet has a wealth of information about nutrition. Does a bag of carrots really cost more than a bag of potato chips? I don't think so.

I won't get into all of that now but I think I will blog about it next week. I would like to go to the grocery store and shop for a list of healthy items and a list of junk items and find out what the price difference is. I think you will be surprised.

Everyone enjoy your weekend. I know I'm in for a crazy one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!