Skip to main content

Post Weekend

Hello all! I hope everyone had a great weekend. I wanted to share some details about my weekend with everyone.

Friday night we spent a few hours at our church, eating some food, playing some games and just hanging out. My husband and I couldn't stay long because we had to prepare for our Saturday trip to New York!

We dropped our puggers off with my grandmother (she loves watching them) and we dropped the Lab off with our dog sitter Friday night. It was nice to have the whole bed to ourselves. We were up at 5:30 Saturday morning, which didn't make me too happy since it's the only day I ever get to sleep in, and we were on our way to New York by 7am.

6:56 am and ready to go!

It wasn't too bad of a trip. I think it took 2.5 hours to get there. My husband and I walked around for a bit, stopping at only 2 stores. The first store was Build-A-Bear. We decided that we would build a bear for our baby. Regardless of the gender, we knew we could build one together that we could both be happy with.

This is what we came up with:

We love dogs so we went with this soft, shaggy dog and dressed him all in Philles gear! We bought a raffle ticket to win some Vance Worley signed gear and we won so we named the dog Worley. Isn't he adorable?!

Next, we stopped at the Guess store so I could look for a new purse. Boy did I find one! I wasn't going to get the purse because it was a little expensive but my husband insisted. I can't argue with him! So we got the purse and I just love it! They were sold out of the matching wallet so I'll have to get that online.



After we shopped, we decided to try out this place called Peanut Butter & Co. for lunch. It's this tiny little place that serves peanut butter sandwiches and sells all natural peanut butter. The place was packed the entire time we were there. I got a regular peanut butter and jelly sandwich and my husband got the Elvis: peanut butter, bananas, and honey. The sandwiches were good but boy were they expensive! Check out the menu here: Peanut Butter & Co. Menu
It was definitely worth trying but I can't say that we would go there again.

After lunch, we went back to Bryant Park to wait for our bus. We spent about an hour on the bus trying to fight through traffic to get to the baseball stadium. The stadium was ok. Nothing special for being brand new. The food was VERY expensive! We paid $6.50 for a pretzel and $4.00 for a bottle of water! If you want to check out the field, here's the website: Citi Field

Regardless of the high food prices, we had some really great seats. We were sitting in the first row of section 142 and it was awesome! Cole Hamels and Carlos Ruiz warmed up right in front of us. These were by far the best seats we have ever had at a baseball game. We have our trip coordinator, Jason Leinweber, to thank for that. Section 142



The Phillies lost but we still had a great day. We headed back to the bus where we had to wait about a half hour for some stragglers to get back. We were all a little antsy to get moving and get home so the wait really stank. But the ride home was pretty quiet so we got some sleep.

Sunday was a crazy day. We had church in the morning. Then we had a birthday party for a friend's son. We had some good food and good gossip, as usual! Then we had dinner with my Dad for his birthday. My husband and I were extremely tired by the end of the weekend and I think we both agree that we just can't pack that much in!

So how was your weekend?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!