Skip to main content

Update 08/01/11

How far along: 20 weeks 6 days
Size of baby: Almost the size of a banana
Maternity Clothes: I bought one new shirt at Target.
Gender: It's a...........see below
Movement: Although the baby is moving around in there, I still can't feel a thing as far as I know. They tell me I should start to feel movement within the next week or two. YAY!
What I miss: My energy! I am still so very tired.
Cravings: Mostly carbs like potatoes, cheese fries, pasta, cheddar gold fish and still sweets!
Symptoms: I'm still very tired all of the time but I haven't been having too much trouble with headaches. I am still very moody and my ankles swell up at the drop of a hat. I've also got quite a bit of lower abdominal pain, which the doctor says is just my ovaries stretching. Boo!

Today is the day that we have been waiting so patiently for! The ultrasound looked great! We could see all kinds of baby anatomy on this one. Go figure the baby is breach right now. So to answer the question that we have been waiting for, and to post the first official baby bump photo...

They say it's a GIRL!!!!


Of course they won't say 100% because it was a little difficult to see but they couldn't find any 'evidence' of a boy! I am so very excited now! I am looking into going to a place that does the 3d/4d ultrasounds just to make sure!



I had a feeling it was going to be a girl and it looks like that feeling was right. I know my husband is a little disappointed because he wanted a boy so badly but I think he is ok with it because he knows how happy it makes me to be having a little girl. He's a good husband.

So now I can start addressing her as a her! No more it! We are not going to tell anyone the name we choose, though. We will keep that a surprise until the baby is born, if we can!

As far as symptoms go, I'm still pretty tired all the time. Don't think I'll be getting away from that at all. Not too many headaches but my ankles swell like crazy! I also have some aching pain in my lower abdomen/pelvic area and the doctor says it's normal. That's probably the most annoying symptom right now. That and the heartburn! Still can't eat meat. Just ham and hamburger for the most part and I try to stay away from both. Too much fat and salt!

An update on the house hunt: we were very disappointed to find out that the house we wanted was sold. The good news is that we found another house. We actually looked at this one from the outside and disregarded it because we didn't like the location. It's in a very busy area. But we went back and checked out the inside and realized that the house is in pretty good shape and would be a huge bonus to my husband's business. We put the offer in today.

We are going to be disappointed if we don't get it but not nearly as much as we were when we found out we lost the other house. If we don't get this one, we will keep our eyes open but we probably won't actively look anymore. We will just remodel the home we are in now and buy me a new car (I hope)!

On a different note, my parents are on vacation in Tennessee this week and I hope they have a great time! They usually go every other year and they love it down there! Of course I called my Mom right after my appointment and she was happy. She Had a feeling it was a girl too. We are dog sitting their white German Shepherd this week so that's fun. We have 4 dogs in our house!

I'm looking for another blog series to post about so watch for that. I also have a couple of random blogs to post in the next few days. Nothing about babies, just about some things that I thought were quite useful. I will post another update each week, and I will keep you posted on the 3d/4d ultrasound hunt!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!