Skip to main content

Update 07/14/11

How far along: 18 weeks
Size of baby: The size of a sweet potato
Maternity Clothes: I haven't bought anything new since my last online shopping spree but I am loving my maternity clothes.
Gender: Still unknown!! Find out August 1st! 18 days!
Movement: Although the baby is moving around in there, I still can't feel a thing as far as I know. I should start to feel her moving soon.
What I miss: My energy! I am still so very tired.
Cravings: Mostly carbs like potatoes, cheese fries, pasta and still sweets!
Symptoms: I'm still very tired all of the time and I am still getting headaches, but they are not quite as bad as they were. I am still very moody and my ankles swell up at the drop of a hat.

Boy is my belly growing! I am noticing a huge difference in the size of my bump within the last week or two. My husband has even noticed it. He is excited, of course, because he knows that we should be able to feel the baby soon and I know that once that happens, he won't keep his hand off! That's ok, though, since he is the only one with the free pass to unlimited baby bump touching.

I just hope that this baby isn't too big like this big guy: 16 Pound Baby Born in Texas - I don't think I could handle having a 16 pound baby!

An update to my list of questions/symptoms:

Q. Am I bigger than I should be?
A. I am really starting to feel big now, although big is not a word I like to use. It looks like I will be growing a basketball rather than a watermelon.

Q. Why do I have shooting pains in my belly?
A. I am still having these pains but not as frequently.

Q. Are the horrible headaches normal?
A. The headaches haven't been nearly as bad. And since the Doctor told me it was ok to take Tylenol, that's all I need. No caffeine required.

Q. Are nose bleeds normal?
A. Nose bleeds have been few and far between since my last appointment.

Aside from the terrible mood swings and the horrendous fatigue, the other symptoms are easily manageable.

I'm still not able to eat too much meat. Every time I cook and every time we go out for dinner, I have been trying. Tuesday night I got some chicken and turkey, compliments of the Dutchway Buffet that I love. Of course I also had two plates of mashed potatoes! I have been trying to ignore the sweets cravings and limit myself to one sweet item a day. It's usually a butterscotch krimpet or a rice crispie treat. :)

My husband and I have been quiet about the gender of the baby but other people aren't being quiet. I know that it's really odd but I'm going through a selfish phase right now. I really want a girl so it has actually been making me angry when people tell me I'm having a boy. Not that someone hopes it's a boy, but that they know 100% that I'm having a boy. I know that once we find out, regardless of what gender it is, I will be ok with it, but for right now, I'm being selfish.

Of course, like I said before, it would be a little easier if it were a boy because we already have the name picked and we are still arguing over the girl names. I think that we are both in agreement that if it is a girl, we will not be telling anyone the name because we don't want to hear anything from anyone about why we chose that name. And you know the second you spit out the name, everyone has an opinion about it. We are just going to try to avoid that.

My husband is getting his way when it comes to the gender party. My mother recently reminded me that she will be on vacation in Tennessee when we find out the gender and I know that there is no way she will want to wait until she gets back to find out the gender so we are scratching the whole thing.

I'm still working on the baby gear blogs. I only have 1 more to go and then I will have to find another series to blog about!

We are still working out the details of the house we have been looking at. I think we are both really hoping that everything works out with the house because we really want a bigger place to live.

I think I will post another update next week at 19 weeks and then another one on August 1st when we find out the gender. I will also try to get a picture of the baby bump on here.

We have a very busy weekend ahead of us. Friday night we have a game night at our church. Saturday, we will be leaving at 7am to head to New York for a Phillies game in the New York Stadium. Sunday we have church and then we have a birthday party for our friend's son and we are having dinner with my Dad for his birthday. It's going to be a crazy weekend!

What are you plans for the weekend?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!