Skip to main content

SO Tired!!!

I am so tired of people telling me that I am having a boy or a girl. "You're craving sweets so you're having a girl." "The heart rate is what?! Oh you're having a boy." "Well your Mom had two girls so you are having a girl too." "You look like you're carrying low so it has to be a boy."

REALLY??!!! The baby is whatever the baby is! You can't tell me what the gender is by looking at my belly or analyzing what I'm eating. The baby is what the baby is! We find out August 1st what the monster is so leave it alone!

My husband and I were joking about it for quite some time. I would call the baby a 'she' and he would call the baby a 'he'. I realized recently that I was actually getting irritated every time he said 'he' so I asked him to stop and we both agreed to leave it alone until we find out. Why can't everyone else leave it alone?

I feel like people are starting to ruin it for us. I'm so tired of hearing 'it's going to be a boy or girl." It's ok to have hopes for the gender. Most of my friends hope it's a girl and my Mom even said she thinks it's a girl, but none of them are telling me that I'm having a girl.

And why is everyone giving us a hard time about finding out the gender? I have had so many people ask me why we are finding out. Why are we ruining the surprise? Are you serious? Who cares if we find out now or wait until the baby is born? It's a surprise regardless so how are we ruining it?

We are both very impatient people at times. We like to know what's coming. We WANT to know what the gender of our baby is NOW! And we want to buy gender appropriate items for our baby. If it's a boy, I'm sure my husband will be buying all kinds of camouflage gear for him. If it's a girl, I'll be searching high and low for the cutest pink gear I can find! It's what we want! We haven't even had the kid yet and we are already being critiqued on how we are doing things!

Maybe it's my hormones or maybe I'm just tired of people forcing their opinions on us like thier opinion is the only right opinion in the world. We are going to find out the gender of our baby on August 1st (as long as the baby permits) and we are going to buy boy or girl gear for our baby and we are going to stop talking about it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!