Skip to main content

Commenting Challenge: Day 4


Today's Topic:

Tell us about your hobbies! What do you do in your free time? What are your favorite books, movies, music etc?

I don't have very many hobbies anymore.  This blog is probably my number one hobby and it is definitely my favorite hobby.  I love to write.  I have always loved to write and I should have probably pursued a career involving writing but oh well.

I like to read but I never have any time to do it.  I have two books started and I just can't get myself to sit down and read them.  I started The Hunger Games because I don't want to see the movie until I read the book (I do that a lot).  I also started Bloom: Finding Beauty in the UnexpectedI came across Enjoying the Small Things and fell in love with the blog and the book so I bought it.  Now if I only had time to read it.

I am a big fan of music.  Again, when I have time, I love to search iTunes for new artists.  I'm really good at finding songs too.  If I hear a song on the radio, nine times out of ten I can remember enough of the lyrics to Google and it and find out what the song is.  I have random artists and songs all over my iPod.

I very rarely ever buy a whole album anymore.  I mean, you never really like every song on an album do you?  I don't.  There are maybe a handful of albums of which I can honestly say I love every song.  Some of them? 

Muse - love.everything.they.do.
Brandi Carlile - Give Up the Ghost - I first heard The Story on Grey's Anatomy and fell in love!
Christina Perri - Lovestrong - Got hooked with Jar of Hearts
Mumford and Sons - Sign No More - Someone posted one of their videos on Facebook and I watched it, fell in love and the rest is history. 

See that's only 4 off the top of my head! Do you ever hear a song that you just fall in love with and listen to it over and over again?  My current obsessions?

Grouplove - Tongue Tied
Gotye - Somebody That I Used to Know
Of Monsters and Men - Little Talks - LOVE the Indie sound
Awolnation - Burn it Down
Fun. - We are Young
The Black Keys - Gold on the Ceiling
M83 - Midnight City
Cage the Elephant - Shake Me Down

I find myself listening to a lot more Rock than Pop. My favorite radio stations are 104.5 and Q102. I just like different sounds.

I love movies. I love a good comedy but I also like a good sad movie. It's ok to cry sometimes. Some of my favorite sad movies? The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Seven Pounds, The Reader, Crash. Some of my favorite comedies: House Bunny (so stupid but so funny), Step Brothers, Super Troopers, The Hangover (#2 kind of sucked). And who doesn't love a good love story? The Notebook is one of my all time favorite movies!

I like to cook and bake but never get to do it very often anymore because we are always on the go. There is something very gratifying about preparing a home cooked meal. Christmas is my favorite holiday because I get to bake pies (I bake a wicked Pumpking Pie and Pumpkin Roll). I guess you could say Christmas is another hobby of mine. I LOVE Christmas. I love the lights, the trees, the food. The decorating, the smells, the time spent with family and friends. I love finding the perfect gift for someone and the look on their face when they open it. I just love everything about Christmas!

I'd love to have more hobbies, but I just don't have time to have hobbies!!  How about you?

Comments

  1. I don't really have a lot of time for hobbies either. I do love to read. The only problem, the only time I have to read is right before bed and I always fall asleep while reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That seems to be my problem lately as well. I put the little one to bed and then go for my book but it just never ends well!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!