Skip to main content

Summer Bucket List

I'm not sure I should even dare to attempt a Summer bucket list but I keep seeing everyone else post one and now I want one.  It's really hard to do anything worthwhile when you have a full time job, a husband with an exploding business, lots of animals and a 6 month old at home.  But, I'm going to write this bucket list and I am going to do my best to actually get a few things crossed off of it this summer!

  • Go for more walks - We live 5 minutes away from a beautiful museum and park and it's so nice to take walks there.  Plus, post baby belly that should be gone by now could really use the exercise.
  • Spend more time with friends - I'm thinking Ashlyn and Maya will be spending a lot of time outside in the baby pool this summer.
  • Cook at home more - We are always on the go which is BAD for our diet.
  • Eat out on our deck more - Which will be challenging since we just gave my parents our bistro set.
  • Spend more time with the animals - Our poor puppies have SO not gotten the attention they need since Baby Girl has come along.  This hit me hard when our cat died on Father's Day.  Wish I would have pet her a little more, played with her a little more.
  • Organize all of my recipes - Especially now that I am addicted to Pinterest and try at least one new recipe each week.
  • Have a party - And actually have people attend.  We used to have parties all of the time!  We still have our beer pong table and our shot glass dart game!
  • Get pregnant - I'm adding this to my list in case my husband changes his mind about waiting until December (ish) to start trying again.  Ya never know!
  • Clean and organize the garage - I don't really touch the garage so this one is for my husband. 
  • Read more - I have been in the habit of starting books but not finishing them.  I also keep saying I want to read the book before I see the movie so how about I get that done.
  • Visit the Zoo or Aquarium - I have never been to either (that I can remember) and I think Baby Girl would love it!
  • Cut my hair - I want to donate it to Locks of Love.  It's really long so I think I could donate a lot.  Plus, I could use something fresh in my life right now.
  • Organize my Husband's office - The place is a mess!  It needs to be thoroughly cleaned.
  • Watch the Summer Olympics - Well, watch whatever sports actually interest me.  GO USA!
  • Go away for the weekend - With or without Baby Girl.  I have to cut the strings at some point so I'm going to try to make this a without Baby Girl weekend.
  • Relax - No explanation need. :)
  • Get another tattoo - This one is going to be tough since my husband hates tattoos. Not sure I will ever get this one checked off my list!
It's for a good cause!

Do you have a Summer Bucket List?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!