Skip to main content

Miss Kitty

While we were able to stick to the plan yesterday and do everything I wanted to, we also suffered a tragedy.  Our little Miss Kitty died.  She had been sick about a month back and we thought that was the end for her but somehow she bounced back.  For a couple of weeks she was great.  She was awesome.  But then she started to look sick again.  This time, she seemed much worse.

She layed around and slept most of the day and night, only getting up to eat and use the litter box.  She disappeared for a day down in our garage and we thought maybe she was looking for a quiet place to pass.  She re-surfaced and we took her back upstairs and layed her on her favorite blanket.  That's pretty much where she stayed until the end.

I had some hope because after 2 days of not eating she decided to eat again.  But then when we kept finding her asleep in her litter box we knew she was not going to make it.  So, sadly, we found her yesterday after church on her favorite blanket.  She was only around 10 years old.

She was a wonderful cat.  My husband brought her home from work one day, saying she was a stray that kept coming to him while he was at work.  She really only liked him at first.  She was very shy and tried so hard to get out of the house all of the time.  Eventually she warmed up to me but she was still very skiddish.  She didn't like any other people and she kept to herself most of the time.  We weren't very clever or original back then so we had no idea what to name her so she just became Kitty.

The past few years she had come out of her shell.  She began to play more, she would jump up on the arm of the couch and nudge us until we pet her, she let others pet her.  She really became an awesome and loveable cat. 

I'm so sad that she is no longer with us and I can only hope that she didn't suffer.  I can only hope that she knew how much we loved her and that we always tried to give her the best home.  My husband and I are total animal people and we treat our animals like children.  I really hope she felt like one of our children. 

Rest in Peace my little Kitty cat.  Momma loves you!

Her favorite spot to lay, on the back of the couch.  I don't even know how many pictures we have with her in the background!

We bought this huge pet bed for our black lab but Kitty claimed it!

Isn't she the cutest little thing?!

Curled up with her boyfriend, Joey, who is still with us.

Kitty is survived by her boyfriend, Joey, 12, her 2 brothers, Camo and Utley and her sister, Katie.  My awesome husband spent the eve of his first Father's Day burying our little cat so I wouldn't have to.  Thanks for taking care of her and not making fun of me when I cried. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!