Skip to main content

Mah Birfday

As I said before, I have declared my birthday to be a National Holiday and I always take off of work for it.  But, since Baby Girl was sick two weeks ago and I had to take off of work for that, I decided to work a half day for my birthday.  It sucked.  But it's all good. 

My husband gave me a Willow Tree figurine to add to our already large collection.  I LOVE Willow Tree figurines!  See our collection below:







 The newest figurine

 Then, my husband took me to the Philadelphia Premium Outlets to get the Coach purse I have had my eye on.  Um...I sortof kindof seriously love it!

My best friend gave me the wrist let.

When we got to the outlet, we realized that they didn't have the purse that matched the wrist let.  I guess the pink is still too new.  They did have the same exact purse in a lighter pink.  So that's the one I got.  This is a $600 set!  We paid $170.  I love Coach!

After stopping at The Childrens Place to get some new dresses for Ashlyn, we headed to my Mom's house to see her.  She had picked Ashlyn up from daycare for us so we could go shopping.  After visiting with Baby Girl for a while, my husband took me to Viva for dinner.  They have THE BEST Herb Encrusted Chicken I have ever eaten in my entire life!  And their bread is ridiculous.

Aside from LOVING their food, we also went there because, well, I had a birthday coupon and we are cheap (LOL) and because they give you a free Colossal drink for your birthday.  This drink is like $20.00!!!!  And you get it free for your birthday!

Our cheapness LOL

This was the drink my husband got on his birthday in November.  My glass of milk is to the bottom left.  I was 8 months preggo at the time.

And here is my Colossal drink!  It was good but way too sugary and I woke up with a massive headache the next day. 

Now we didn't stay out late or get bombed or anything like that.  We had a baby at home to think about.  But we are grateful that some of our friends joined us for some drinks and some laughs.  Auntie Marty and Uncle Craig (who I have mentioned countless times on my blog) have become part of our family and we love spending time with them.

The rest of the weekend was a bit of a blur because it was spending preparing for Ashlyn's Dedication, which I'll post another blog about.  I know that the weekend ended Sunday with an ice cream cake from Friendly's!  :)

Here's hoping that my next birthday (the big 30) will be spent with a second child, inside or outside the womb, I'm not picky!

Happy Birthday to ME!

Comments

  1. :) happy bday and next time i will help with the big drink!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next year is my 30th. That qualifies for a trip to PA :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!