Skip to main content

Happy Father's Day!

I hope that everyone had a Happy Father's Day!!  Ashlyn got Daddy some really cool gifts for his first Father's Day.  The first thing she gave him was a 20 page photo book from Shutterfly.  She gave that to him early because she just couldn't help herself.  Kids these days. 

Here are a few pages from the photo book:





We started our Father's Day with church.  After church we headed to a Reading Phillies baseball game.  Baby Girl was all decked out in her Phillies gear but she wasn't really feeling the game.  She watched one inning and then we decided to go eat at the buffet I had purchased tickets for.  We wound up sitting in the shade trying to keep Baby Girl somewhat content most of the time.  It didn't work as well as we hoped it would and we left about half way through.  It's ok.  We will try again.  Maybe a night game next time when it's cooler.







After the game, we visited my Dad so that I could give him his new grill and cook dinner for him and the rest of the family.  I had to put the grill together first, which was a little bit of a pain, but it was Father's Day so I did it for him.  I am the master of putting together furniture and such. 

Once I got it all together, we hooked it up and started grilling.  I made baked potatoes, Parmesan chicken, marinaded chicken and corn.  It all turned out pretty well.  We also walked to our local Rita's because it's literally 3 blocks away and got some ice cream and Italian ice.

I found this idea on Pinterest and we made Daddy this really awesome picture frame.  We worked really hard to get some of the best pictures we possibly could for it so that it would be super special. 



It wasn't the original idea but I just couldn't make the original idea work.  The original idea was to take pictures of Baby Girl holding the letters.  We couldn't come up with three solid pictures though.  She just wasn't feeling the photo shoots.  I even had a friend help by taking some pictures at one of the job sites my husband worked on.  The setting was great, the background was great but it was a windy day and Baby Girl just scowled the while time!



 I just wasn't able to commit to these pictures.  I wanted them to be perfect and they just weren't what I wanted them to be.  So my Mom and I wound up doing an extra candid photo shoot in front of her house and that's how I got the pictures I went with.  I didn't have the letters with me so that's why they are overlayed.



I found this on Pinterest too.  It's a photograph on wood.  I thought it was the coolest idea because my husband is quite 'rustic' so I thought the wooden picture fit him better than a regular photo frame. 



Daddy says he likes the photo book the best.  That's good because that thing took me the longest!!  I compiled pictures for months for that book!

The day didn't go perfectly as I wanted it to but it was still a good day.  Next year my husband requested a sleep day for Father's Day so I'll have to make sure he gets that. 

A little letter from Baby Girl to Daddy:

Dear Daddy,

I really hope you had a great first Father's Day.  Next year I will be big enough to make my own gift for you and I can't wait!  I love you soooo much!!  You always make me smile and laugh!  I know that you are working really hard to make sure I have everything I could ever possibly need and I love you lots for that.  You are the best Daddy ever!

Love Ashlyn.

Happy Father's Day to all of the Daddys out there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!