Skip to main content

Ashlyn's Dedication

Last week and weekend was just crazy with trying to prepare for Ashlyn's Dedication.  I decided to have a lunch after the Dedication for all of our friends and family who were able to join us for this special day.  My Mom and I spent all week going from store to store to get the favors and the food and the plates and the cups and whatever else we needed.

Friday was my birthday so we didn't do anything Dedication related but we spent the whole day Saturday shopping and cooking and putting things together.  Everything worked out perfectly and we had so many wonderful friends and family members gather for this special day.

My Mom and I were so busy with the food and with talking to people that we were not able to take ANY pictures!  So we are are the mercy of others for the few pictures we did get.

The Dedication Invitation.

All of our friends and family who came to support us

She was such a good little girl for the Dedication.

We followed with lunch in the church Fellowship Hall.  We tried to keep it as simple as possible.  We went with a pink and gray theme to match the invitations.  We did vanilla and chocolate cupcakes with pink icing because cupcakes are just easier than cake.  We got gray table cloths for all of the tables and had pink balloons tied to little cups filled with mints for the centerpiece.  Each cup had a stick with a "Thanks for joining us" note glued on.  We also got organza bags and filled them with mints and tied silver and pink ribbons around them as favors.  (see picture below) 

We did typical picnic style food:  Meatballs, sloppy joe's, cold cuts, ring bologna and cheese, fruit trays, chips and pretzels, pickle tray.  We had some food left over but not nearly as much as I thought we would which is good because I hate eating the same leftovers for a week!





Most of the pictures were provided by the woman above's husband.  This picture is adorable.  This is Maya, Ashlyn's friend.  Looks like someone was making a new friend when Daddy wasn't looking!  Beth is due in September.


This is my sister in law, Arlena, holding Ashlyn.  I think this was right after her nap.


I actually took the last two pictures at my Mom's house after the party. 

Baby Girl was just so pleasant. She was passed around more than she has ever been before and she smiled at every single person who held her. She was still happy after all of that and minimal naps. She wanted to play when we got back to my Mom's house!

All in all, it was a nice day.  Yes, there were definite irritations.  There were people who came but did not RSVP.  There were people who RSVPd who didn't come.  There was the fact that I practically had to pry my little girl out of some people's hands just so I could get five minutes with her.  But it all worked out and it was a great day. 

I used the last picture on the thank you cards which match the invitation as well so I can't wait to get those and get them out!!  Baby Girl was showered with a lot of love but she was also given a few gifts that are totally worth a shout out. 

Favorite gift of the day?  This piggy bank... 

Is this not the cutest stinking thing you have ever seen?  I LOVE it!  The best part is that she doesn't have a piggy bank.  We keep saying that we need to get her one and just haven't.  Now she has one!  

Second favorite gift of the day? 

Isn't it adorable?!?!?!?!  My Mom and I immediately went home and painted Baby Girl's hands and feet and printed them on there.  Getting an almost 6 month old to cooperate with paint is a little difficult!  I already have a spot in her room for it, I just have to get a hook to hang it on!


My Mom got us this adorable first year frame because she knows I take a picture of Ashlyn on each of her monthly birthdays!  I can't wait to fill this bad boy up!

It was such a nice day filled with a lot of love and I am thankful to everyone who came and everyone who helped and everyone who supported us.  This little girl is surly loved.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!