Skip to main content

Mom's Moving

So I came across this video today:  Moms Moving

A non-custodial Mother?

What the hell is that?

These women leave their children.

How do you do that?

I wake up every morning waiting for my daughter to wake up so that I can see her adorable little smile.  So that I can pick her up out of her crib and feel her arms wrap around my neck.  So that I can steal a kiss from her before dropping her at daycare.

There is no way I could live without these things!

She sits there and says no one should have to sacrifice anything to have children and yet her ex husband has sacrificed hasn't he?  How is that fair?  We all know that we are going to sacrifice some things when we have children.  That's a choice we all have to make. 

For some, the desire to be independent and free is greater than the desire to have children.  Those people...don't have children.  That's their choice.  And that's OK for them.

Having kids and then leaving them because the situation is sticky?  I don't think so.

You can be a Mother and have a career.  You can be a Mother and go on vacations without your kids.  You can be a Mother and have down time away from your kids.  You don't have to give up your entire life just because you have kids.  Why do people think this is the case?

I don't feel as though I have given anything up.  I feel like I have gained so much and that my life is fuller because of my daughter.  I know that there are things that I won't be able to do anymore because I have kids.  I know that there will be things that I would be able to splurge on because I have kids.  But I don't look at this is a sacrifice.  I look at this as a choice I have made.  A choice that I am fine with because I will get to share the rest of my life with my children.

I don't think it's fair to say that if she were a man, she wouldn't be criticized for her actions.  Of course she would be.  It's not OK for a Dad to do this either!  I know it happens often with men but that doesn't mean it's OK!

I'm just not sure how these women can rationally believe that this is OK!  I mean the one woman admits she didn't want to be a Mom.  So then why have children?  Isn't this a conversation you're supposed to have with your partner before you make decisions like getting married? 

Do I think people are crazy for not having children?  Of course!  But it's a better decision than having them and abandoning for no good reason.  I'm sorry but I didn't hear a single good reason from either of these women.  They just seem selfish to me.

What do you think?

Comments

  1. i agree with you. so many people want kids but can't, so many have and shouldnt

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!