Skip to main content

Weekend Re-Cap

I didn't post to my normal link up Friday because I took the day off.  So instead, I'm re-capping my weekend.  It was a busy one.

I took off Friday to go to a funeral.

This lady...
...yea she was ridiculously awesome.
 
We were so surprised by her passing since was just 74 years old.  She was a part of our extended family.  Well she was a part of every one's extended family!  She was an amazing woman who smiled and laughed so much.  She loved and she loved hard.   
 
Miss Betty is her name and she will be fiercely missed by all.
 
We took Baby Girl to daycare since we knew she wouldn't understand anything going on at the funeral.  My husband didn't have much work to do because it rained all day long so we went out for lunch and ran some errands.
 
Saturday was a nice day.  My husband had to work but Baby Girl and I slept in and then went to a picnic in the afternoon.  The girl loves to be outside so she had a blast.  She ran non-stop from the time we got there until the time we left.
 



I can't believe how anti-social kids are these days.  Baby Girl said hi to every little kid on the playground and they all ignored her or ran away.  It kinda broke my heart because she would look over at me like, 'what did I do wrong?'  I felt so bad because she was just trying to be nice!

She still had a blast, though.  She wasn't a big fan of the swings.  I'm not sure why they freaked her out so much but she just wanted nothing to do with them!

After the picnic, we went shopping at Old Navy and got Baby Girl some awesome new summer clothes.  We had two major meltdowns because she wanted a pair of shoes that didn't fit her feet.  Then she wanted a pair of flip flops that hurt her feet.  She said OUCH every time I put them on her but she wanted them!

Then we went up to our 'new house', the one that we are planning to buy this year.  Baby Girl loves being there.  She loves running around, she loves playing with the new baby piggy and now there are baby chicks there so she is in heaven! 

Sunday was fun day too.  Baby Girl slept in again and then we hung out and watched some movies while Daddy worked again.  We went to visit Baby Girl's BFF Maya in the evening and then went to a dinner block party at a friend's local restaurant.  The girls had a blast!




Of course Baby Girl didn't want to go in the house when we got home so we stayed outside for awhile.  Oh and how could I forget?!  My little schmuffin turned 18 months old yesterday!



We had a pretty good weekend!


Comments

  1. Awww I'm sorry little one tried making friends and they all ran away. I don't get that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!