Skip to main content

It's Official...

I'm 30. 

My husband did a great job throwing a 30th birthday party for me this weekend.  It was really hot on Saturday but it was still nice to be able to sit and relax with our friends for the evening.  We had the party at the house we are planning to buy.  Since we know the owner, it wasn't an issue. 

We threw up a tent, had tons of food and drinks and just enjoyed the evening.  My phone was pretty much stationary for the evening so I didn't take many pictures but here are a few:




 
Yes, I know they are all of Baby Girl and no one else but whatever.  I also got a picture of the little piggy that is now mine.  Um, yea, my husband bought me a pig.  Because one time I said micro pigs are so cute and I'd love one!  So he got me a pot bellied pig.  Don't get me wrong, he is adorable!  But I know nothing about pigs so this should be interesting.
 
I also got a new Coach purse and wallet but that hasn't come yet.  Dam snail mail!
 
On Sunday, we returned to the house to clean up a bit more.  Baby Girl was more interested in the horse than anything else.  She kept trying to get him to come out of his stall but he was eating.


 
 
We also went for our 3D ultrasound Sunday.  I drank orange juice before Baby Girl's appointment to get her to move around easier and we got some great pictures with her.  Not so much this time.  I guess because Little Man is a more active baby, I should have been eating more carbs than sugar because we didn't really get any great pictures.
 
We did confirm that he is indeed a Little Man and not another girl so that's good.  We also got to see that he has hair just like his big sister.  We got one good shot of him smiling but the rest were not great. 
 



From the last photo, it looks like he may have his Daddy's nose instead of mine.  He seems to have the same cheeks as his sister and gave us a little smile.  But he had his hands in front of his face most of the time and was turned towards my spine.  His profile shots look just like his sister's so who knows what this boy will look like!
 
The good news is that we get to go back in two weeks for a free re-scan.  Hopefully Little Man will be more cooperative and let us get some good pictures.  That will be a nice gift for Father's Day!
 
Then there's the bad news of the weekend.
 
As we were headed to our 3D ultrasound, a friend texted me to let me know that someone we knew had passed away on the evening of my birthday.  It's too hard to explain exactly who she is to us but let's just say she was a big part of our extended family and we loved her very much.  Everyone called her Nana, regardless of whether or not they were related to her. 
 
She was such a wonderful woman, always smiling, always laughing.  She was at Baby Girl's first birthday party and got her the most beautiful dress.  She made Baby Girl a blanket, as she did for many of the other Moms in our group of friends.  She was just a joy to be around.
 
Miss Betty, you will be badly missed.  I looked back at my Facebook page at the last comment you had left on a picture of Baby Girl and it made me cry.  To think that you are no longer with us makes me so sad and I am going to miss you something terrible. 
 
It makes me very sad to know that my son will never meet you and that neither of my kids will ever get to know your warmth and love.  While I believe it was too early for you, I hope that you are resting peacefully and I hope you know how many lives you've touched and how much you are loved.
 
My birthday carries a whole new meaning now.
 
Miss Betty Young ~ June 15, 1938 - June 1, 2013


Comments

  1. I am so sorry for your loss....but happy to hear you had a wonderful birthday otherwise...welcome to your 30's!! And I can't wait to see your adventures with that pig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday! You new little piggy is just too cute! Can't wait to see how he transitions into the family :)

    On a more serious note, I'm very sorry for your loss. Losing a close loved one (even non-family) is so hard, and I send many prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Welcome to the over 30 cool club

    ReplyDelete
  4. A happy belated birthday to you. And I'm sorry for your loss. What a bittersweet day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for you loss. My grandma died just 2 days before my birthday a few years ago. It definitely gives new meaning to things.
    I can't believe you have a pig. You'll have to keep us updated.
    Glad you had a good time with your friends for your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about you loss.

    Happy late birthday to you! That pig is so cute! I want to read more about that. And I love the 3D ultrasound pictures, your little guy is so handsome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!