Skip to main content

Happy Father's Day

I hope that all the Fathers out there had a great Father's Day.
 
I spent about half the day with my Dad on Father's Day.  I got him a new rain suit for his motorcycle and Ashlyn got him a Home Depot gift card.
 
I don't think my Dad is the typical Dad.  He was the drummer/singer in many bands throughout my childhood.  He wore spandex and makeup.  I don't know him to have anything other than long, curly hair, which is where Ashlyn gets it from.
 
He tried to get me into sports (mostly hockey), which worked until I was about 14 and realized boys were more important.  I was his tool helper so I held the flashlight and handed him the tools he needed while he worked on the cars or the house.
 
We watched wrestling and then wrestled on the living room floor.  He was rough with me because he didn't have a boy to be rough with.  I was a tough kid so it was fun for me.  I didn't realize it growing up, but he was the 'nice' parent.  I was always scared shitless of him, though. 
 
He is always working on something.  He is always fixing something or remodeling something.  He completely remodeled the last house we lived and and then he went on to completely remodel the house my parents live in now.  He is very handy and I wish he would have started his own remodeling company because I think he is really good at it.
 
We didn't hug much.  In fact, the first time I ever even remember hugging my Dad was when I was in high school.  I was leaving to go on a trip to FL with my class and he hugged me before I left.  It was so weird for me but it was good.
 
He danced with me at my wedding.  I needed a song that was not so typical and that fit his personality so we danced to Led Zeppelin, Thank You.
 
 
And let me tell you.....he is so different with his grandchildren!  He is so much softer with them, gives in a little more easily with them.
 

 
And this girl loves her Pop.  She practically jumped out of my arms when we went to visit on Sunday.  She follows him around and just says Pop non-stop.  Then they watch hockey together.  The girl loves hockey.  And every time she hears a motorcycle, she yells for Pop because she thinks that it's him.  These two are funny together.
 
And then you have this guy... 
 
 
He got up Sunday and took Ashlyn to our 'new house' so she could play with the horse and the piggy.  When they got back, we went out for breakfast and then headed to our 3D ultrasound.  Nothing like awesome pictures of your next child to make a Father's Day complete!
 
After the ultrasound, we headed out to see my Dad.  Unfortunately, my husband couldn't stay long as he was headed to a viewing.  We were planning to go but little girl wasn't feeling well so instead we spent the afternoon/evening with my Dad.
 
He lives for this kid.  He loves coming home to a child screaming Daddy with so much excitement.  He loves making her laugh.  He loves cuddling with her on the couch.  He loves talking to her.  He never gets impatient when she repeats his name 100 times over and over again.
 
He never hesitates to sing to her or to keep her entertained with funny faces and dances at the grocery store.  He always tells her how pretty she looks.  He loves sitting with her at dinner whenever we go out to eat. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I knew he would be a great Father and I hope that this little girl knows how lucky she is to have a Daddy like him!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!