Skip to main content

Gorcery Store Fight

So Baby Girl and I went grocery shopping Monday night, as we have been doing for the past two weeks.  We usually try to go Sunday nights as a family but we just haven't had the time lately.  She is always very good for me because it's usually later in the evening and she is winding down so I don't mind the alone time with her.

I found a line that only had one person in it and he was almost done so I felt pretty lucky considering our grocery store lines can get pretty long.  I started putting my things on the belt and a lady got in line behind me.  Now I'm at the back of the cart try to maneuver my big belly around so I can reach the things in my cart.  Baby Girl was sitting in the front part of the cart, as usual.

I had about half of my items on the belt when the lady behind me grabs a divider and starts putting her things on the belt.  So, not only did she not give me enough room to put all my things on the belt, she also pushed her way up into the aisle so I couldn't move back and get my things out of the cart.

So I just stood there and stared at her.  The entire time she put her shit on that belt, I just stared.  The guy behind her saw it and I'm pretty sure he was scared enough for both of them.  I mean what the hell? 

Finally I just started pushing my stuff front to make as much room as I could and I literally started throwing my stuff onto the belt.  I really couldn't get it up there any other way because she was half way up the aisle.  I kept one of the heavy items and very loudly told the cashier that it didn't fit on the belt.

Meanwhile, my awesome little daughter decided to be friendly and said hi to the bitch behind us.  She responded, of course, and then started talking to her!!!  All while watching me struggle with my fucking groceries!  She even tried to make small talk with me as I was throwing a bag of egg noodles onto the belt. 

Oh I ignored that bitch.

I know that this isn't like an it's the end of the world kind of story but I was so pissed.  I went home and told my husband about it and he laughed hysterically and then told me how proud he was that I kept my composure and didn't hit the bitch.

I mean how rude can you really be?  It wasn't an old lady or anything either.  That I would have been able to understand.  There was no reason she couldn't at least wait until I was done.  Forget the fact that I'm pregnant, it's just rude all around! 

How would you have handled the crazy belt lady?

PS:  I know that this post has a lot of bad words, a lot worse than I normally use, and I do apologize but this is the PG version of how I explained it to my husband.  I was so mad!

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness. We are a lot alike, but I would have said something. there is not enough composure in this world for me not to say something. I can completely understand why you were so mad. What nerve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! It amazes me how people have no consideration for pregnant women. It makes me want to hit so many people in the face!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!