Skip to main content

Just Call Me Goo Monster

Ok so anyone who knows me knows that I am not exactly the most emotional person in the world.  I can be crude and blunt and, well, a jerk.  I'm ok with it.  It's me.  I say what's on my mind and I don't have much of a filter.  I've gotten better over the years but people don't change that much. 

So this whole new world of melting every time Baby Girl does something new or something really cute is just crazy to me!  I mean, the kid is just ridiculously cute and almost every freaking thing she does is cute.  She even has a 'cute cry' as my husband and I like to call it.  The I-will-do-anything-and-give-you-anything-you-want-to-ease-your-pain kind of cry. 

So I am now giving myself the title of Goo Monster.  Why?  Because whenever this kid does something cute, I mean REALLY cute, my heart starts to swell, eyes start to tear up and I melt into a giant pile of goo onto the floor and I hug the crap right out of her.  I can't help it. 

Case in point:

When I went to pick my little angel up from my Mom's house last night, she was laying down with my Mom.  No one makes this kid laugh the way my Mom does.  So she was having a blast playing with Nana.  Baby Girl always gives me a big smile when I walk into the room.  I melted the first few hundred times, but I'm past it now.

So, I got my usual smile when I walked in and then I expected her to go right back to paying attention to Nana instead of me.  Not this time.  When I reached down for Baby Girl to pick her up, she reached back.  She stuck those chubby little arms right up in the air and reached for me. 

HEART.
TEAR.
GOO.

She has NEVER reached for me before.  She usually sticks her arms out to the side and starts kicking like she's all excited for me to pick her up but she has never actually reached for me before.  It was ridiculously amazing and I don't think I will ever forget how much my heart swelled at that very moment. 

Yup, just call me the Goo Monster.
(catchy blog title don't you think?)

Comments

  1. Best.Feeling...ever!!!!!!!!!!

    Monika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously thought my heart was going to explode. It was ridiculous!

      Delete
  2. Hi Goo Monster!I agree too, it is the best feeling in the world. Sounds like you have an adorable daughter.Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! She is pretty awesome!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,...

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purcha...

Serious Daycare Advice Needed!!!

Ok now I am looking for some serious advice.  If you've read some of my earlier posts, you will know that I'm not a big fan of daycare.  I really hate leaving my Baby Girl with people I don't really know all day long.  Now we know the woman who takes care of Baby Girl for the most part which really helps and was the deciding factor in her going to that particular daycare. The problem I am now having is that there have been 3 or 4 times when I have picked Baby Girl up from daycare and she has had a bad fever.  I'm not talking a little 99 degree fever.  I'm talking you could fry an egg on the palm of her hand 102 degree fever.  It happened again last night.  When I got there, the afternoon lady was holding her and as soon as I took her, I could feel the heat radiating off of her.  When I got her home, her temperature was 102.9.  This is not they kind of temperature you play around with.  Since Baby Girl has been prone to fevers for s...