Skip to main content

7 Months!

The basics?

Diapers - Size 3
Clothing - 12-18 month
Food - He has eaten everything I've given him so far.  He seems to favor apples and pears.
Sleeping - Through the night!!!
Teeth - Two little chompers, with one on the way
Words - ba ba ba ba
Favorite toy - Bouncer, plush parrot, Elmo

Little man is now exclusively in all 12 or 12-18 month clothing.  I had to bump up his PJs to 12 month now too.  I can't believe how big he is.  He's not really a fat baby, he's just solid.  His legs are so chunky and cute but his belly is solid.  He's just so lean and tall. 

He's still eating everything I give him.  He really likes all of the foods I've been giving him so far and hasn't really turned his nose to anything.  He favors carrots and pears right now.  I had a freezer stocked full of baby food and it is all gone!  I have to spend a day making a new stock pile.

When he eats his solids, which is usually 4-5 ounces of fruit or veggies plus some baby cereal 3 times a day, he also still takes a 3-4 ounce bottle with it.  I think he's just used to the liquid so he wants it.  I've tried just giving him some juice and water but that doesn't help.  His sister did the same thing for a while so I know he'll get there.  When he's not eating solids, he's up to nothing less than a 7 ounce bottle. 

He's still trying a lot of adult foods, too.  He doesn't seem to like mashed potatoes much but he loves to steal his sister's yogurt in the mornings.  He pretty much wants to eat whatever she is eating.  She had puffs at the grocery store the other day and he kept trying to steal the bag from her.

 
He's still sleeping pretty solidly through the night.  He goes to bed around 9:30 and wakes up around 5am.  If he wakes at 5, my husband feeds him and puts him back to bed and he will sleep for another 2-4 hours.  It's nice when that happens!

If he goes to bed a little later, though, he sleeps later.  Sometimes he will sleep 10:30 - 8 or 9.  I'm not sure why there is such a difference in his sleep patterns when he goes to bed later but it's ok with me. 

He is still on a pretty regular nap schedule as well.  One short late morning nap, one long afternoon nap and one or two shorter evening naps.  It works really well for all of us.

He still only has two teeth but there is a top tooth coming through.  I can feel it and see it, it just hasn't broken quite yet.  He has been a little bothered by it but not too bad.  I've been putting him in the Bumbo for baths with his sister and he loves it.  He likes to try and grab the toys as they float by.

He rolls everywhere now.  I put him on his mat and he's usually on the other side of the room until he's satisfied.  He just loves to roll.  He still likes to bounce but I think he prefers the floor now.  I'm sure crawling isn't too far away.  He is also able to sit up by himself but he's not quite stable enough that I can walk away from him.  It won't be long, though.

He really started babbling this month.  He likes to lay on the floor and just scream.  He just likes to hear himself.  I think it's funny.  He also says ba ba ba ba and I'm pretty sure I heard him say da da da da the other day.  His sister was saying these things around this age so it makes me hopeful that he will talk as well as she does.



He has started shaking his head at us and it's the cutest thing ever.  He usually starts it but then if we do it back, he keeps doing it.  He has also been trying to eat on his own.  If he is in his high chair and I have puffs on his tray, he grabs them and puts them to his mouth.  He usually can't get them in his mouth, though.

Pictures of my sweet Little Boy:








If you follow me on Instagram (vmiller0918) you may have seen some of these already.


Little Dude, you are still always smiling.  I love how happy you are all of the time.  I love how much you are developing and how much your personality is starting to show.  You are a little ham, that's for sure!  I am in love with your belly laugh and am always trying to get you to laugh.  You are seriously the sweetest little boy I have ever met.

This new thing you are doing with shaking your head makes Mommy laugh every single time.  I love that we are starting to have little games like that to play.  You really like peek-a-boo now too.

You still have a serious pout problem when something doesn't go your way.  While you are starting to become more independent, you still like to be held a lot.  You also like to sit in your high chair and play.  I think that's because you get to watch Mommy.
 
I can't believe that we got lucky enough to have two happy babies!  You fill my heart every day with so much love and I am so happy to call you mine.

My BEAUTIFUL 7 month old Little Guy:


 
I have a YouTube channel but it is private.  If you are interested in seeing any more videos, please leave me a comment or email me with your email address so I can invite you to view it.

Comments

  1. Sign me up for that video subscription! rebeccafaith@gmail.com
    Chunk sounds a lot like Dylan. They should be best friends and have pout parties together when they cant get their way. You are doing such a good job feeding him solids, it's going to make it a lot easier down the line! Cant believe he's already 7 months. Why must they grow so fast? Sidenote: I am so happy you're blogging as frequently again. YAY! <3<3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!