Skip to main content

Weight A Minute

So if you've been following me at all, you know that I have been 'dieting' since the beginning of the year in an effort to lose the baby weight plus some.  I have had some success so far and I wanted to share some of the things I have been doing.

I've been entering all of my food and exercise on LoseIt.  I'm limited to a 1200 calorie diet.  I know that doesn't seem like much but the lower number helps to motivate me to exercise a little more so I can eat more.  I generally do pretty well with eating but that's because I eat a lot of the same things every single day.  I like that kind of routine. 

I'm also the world's most picky eater.  It's not even a joke.  It's so hard for me because I don't like any fruits or vegetables and that's what you're supposed to eat!  Instead, I just eat a lot of chicken and really try to watch my portion sizes. 

I did have a 'binge week' where I just ate whatever I wanted.  I still entered all of my food on LoseIt but the end result was not a happy one.  I gained 3lbs that week!

The next week I started an Advocare 10 Day Cleanse to get myself back on track.  That was ok.  There were a few pills to take, a fiber drink and some specific diet restrictions.  I wasn't able to get the fiber drink down.  I tried but I just couldn't do it.  So I took the pills and followed as many of the diet restrictions as I could.

After my ten days were up, I was down 5lbs.  Not too bad considering my binge week put me up 3lbs.  Along with the cleanse, I started a 300/30 Day Ab Challenge and I started doing a 30 minute cardio workout every day.  I was just looking for any way possible to burn some calories!

I got myself a Polar Fit heart rate monitor and I love it.  I wear that thing all of the time.

While I feel like my results are slow going, I am getting some results.  I am down 11lbs total for the year so far and I have lost 11 inches all over.  While my belly is my trouble area, I do see that my legs and butt have been shrinking and firming up so that's nice.

I have been slacking a bit as of late but I need to kick myself in the ass and get in gear.  I like the way I feel once I exercise.  I like the accomplishment of burning those calories.  The weather is starting to warm up so I'm hoping to start getting out and going for walks more often.  I am also looking for a treadmill for days when I can't get out of the house.     

According to my LoseIt app, I have 78 days to reach my goal.  I'm not sure that's going to happen with how slow the weight has been coming off.  I think I'd just like to make sure it's all off before I get pregnant again.  We will be waiting until at least August for that so I've got some time.

I do feel like I'm stuck in a rut right now.  I mean, I'm always under my calories for the day, which results in being under a pretty significant amount for the week.  I'm always trying to do some kind of exercise each day.  I'm staying away from sodas and sugars and limiting my alcohol intake.  But I haven't lost any weight since my cleanse.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I've got to get out of this rut.

How are you doing with your weight loss goals?  Do you have any tips on how to lose weight?  Have any easy recipes?  Share your success stories with me!!!

Comments

  1. On the bright side - I think it's great you lost 11lbs so far! I need to lose close to 20. (eek) But I haven't done much to do it so I can't complain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the feeling you get once the workout is finished. Sadly, it takes a lot to motivate me to actually get moving. I started easing back into being physical the past week or so, and it’s going okay. (I stress okay..) I went from doing three sets of 40 squats, 40 lunges, 40 sit-ups, 40 butt lifts, and weights to doing one set of each. I’ve definitely scaled back and the proof is in the pudding. And by pudding, I mean my ass. Lol But when I was doing the full blown three sets, it worked. I have no recipes for picky eaters…I mean, come on! It’s impossible!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!