Skip to main content

Randoms

~The new house is coming along nicely.  We have all of our stuff moved but there are still quite a few boxes in our front living room that need to be unpacked.  You never realize how much crap you have until you have to pack it all up and move it.  We lived in a tiny house but we've managed to fill our new house (three times the size) very quickly!

The one thing that I will say is amazing in our new house is the closet space.  I am loving how much closet space each room has.  It's nice that Ashlyn finally has a proper closet.  Um...how awesome is this closet of hers?  And there's just a little sneak peek of the bookshelf in her room.

 


I will post more pictures of the new house once I'm completely unpacked and organized.  We are pretty happy with it so far.  I would be jealous of my daughter's closet if I didn't have such an awesome closet myself.  Stay tuned!

~I have to say that so far I am not impressed with this mini van of ours.  It's not so much the van itself that irritates me, it's more the fact that I said I would NEVER drive a mini van.  And here I am, driving a dam mini van.  Everyone said I'd love it once I got it but I'm so not loving it.

The only thing that makes it worth it is the fact that I know I'm getting a third child.  Oh yes.  My husband and I bargained for this thing.  Mini van equals third child.  Period.  I've already got names picked out.  (I'm so not kidding)

 
 
~I do love my new comforter set.  We decided that we weren't going to paint our bedroom in the new house because the color isn't that bad but our blue and white plaid comforter just wasn't matching well enough for my liking.  So I ordered a new one.  And I'm in love!  It's the little things that make me happy!
 
 
 
~I'll post more on this in his six month update but my little Chunk is finally sleeping through the night!  He usually goes down around 10:30 and wakes up anywhere between 5 and 7.  It's been amazing.  If he gets up at 5, my husband feeds him for me and puts him back down and he usually sleeps for another 2-3 hours.  It only took us six months but we are finally there!
 
~Now that my Chunk is sleeping through the night, my little girl isn't.  For some reason she has been waking up in the middle of the night and coming into my room.  It's usually between 3am and 4am.  I don't know if she's having bad dreams or what but it's been rough. 
 
She usually just stands at the side of my bed until I wake up.  It scares the crap out of me!  I let her lay in bed with me until she falls back to sleep and then I usually put her back in her bed.  It's hard since she can get out of bed now that she's in a toddler bed.
 
I'm really hoping it's just a phase and that she will grow out of it.  I don't mind the cuddles but I hate that she's up walking around in the middle of the night.
 
~Not having cable kind of sucks ass.  I really don't like not being able to just turn the TV on in the morning and flip to a channel so Ashlyn can watch cartoons.  I hate that I have to search on Netflix for something to watch all of the time.  Plus Ashlyn watches the same things over and over again and my husband and I have hardly had any time to sit and watch any good movies.
 
We don't really want to spring for cable anymore.  We felt that we were paying way too much for cable and we just wanted to cut some costs.  We just signed up for Hulu so I'm hoping that helps with the boredom of Netflix that I have already.  I certainly don't mind being able to watch the first few seasons of Parenthood that I missed, though.
 
We might spring for some kind of antenna so we can just get some local channels.  Anyone have any input on any kind of antennas we can look into?
 
~I've also been sucking ass on the weight loss.  I had a really bad week and called it my 'binge week.'  I was well over my calories for the week and may have even gained about 3lbs back.  I certainly don't lose 3lbs when I'm under that many calories for the week!
 
It's ok, though.  I'm starting fresh today with a ten day cleanse.  I'm hoping it helps to get me back on track.  I also ordered a polar fit watch and am patiently waiting for that to come.  I plan on taking my workouts up about 50 notches and really using that new watch!
 
I am also considering ordering the exercise program that Netflix and Hulu have.  You can get all kinds of workout videos for only a few dollars a month.  It's that or order some kind of video.  Not sure but I know I need to get my butt in gear!

Comments

  1. YAY for closet space! When we moved into our house, we gave Taylor the bedroom with the huge walk in closet, not knowing if Alex would be a boy or girl and girls should always have the closet space. Her closet is almost as big as mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We gave up cable a few months ago and I am so not missing the hefty bill! We also signed up for Hulu and it’s going alright. Some t.v. shows can also be watched on the network’s website (I think parenthood is one). Ashlyn’s wake up in the middle of the night is so scary! Lol! I mean, it’s very nice of her to just stand there but it’s also scary to wake up to. I’m so glad Chunk is sleeping through the night, and I’m so excited for you to get knocked up again. :] PS. It’s awesome that your husband feeds him if he wakes up and puts him back to bed. GOOD JOB DAD!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!