Skip to main content

Six Month Comparison

 
 
Little Man is officially more advanced than his sister!  At least in size anyway.  Even though 2lbs doesn't seem like much, it really is.  He's quite a bit bigger than she was.  I mean, he's already wearing 12 month and some 18 month clothing.  She didn't move to that size until 9 months.

He also has two little teeth and she didn't have any yet at six months.  She did get them shortly after she turned six months, though.  He also holds his head up much better than she did and he sits up all by himself.  I think because of the size of her head, it took a bit longer for her to sit up on her own.

He has finally caught up to his big sister in the sleep department.  He usually sleeps anywhere between 7 and 10 hours each night.  I'm not sure what prompts him to wake earlier on some days but when he does, he usually just takes a bottle and goes right back to sleep.  And those are usually days my husband feeds him since he is up at 5am every morning.

He still sleeps more during the day than his sister did.  She only took little cat naps throughout the day.  He takes one 20-30 minute nap in the morning, a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon and another 20-30 minute nap in the evening.  He is pretty set with those naps.

He's starting to be more independent like his sister was.  He is still a bit more clingy than she was but he is much more content now laying on his play mat and rolling all over the floor or bouncing in his bouncer.  I am able to get more things done now that he is more content playing alone or with his big sister.  He doesn't want to cuddle like she did, he just wants to be held.

He only likes to sleep in his crib now.  I had such a hard time getting him into that crib and now that's the only place he wants to sleep.  His sister had no issues sleeping anywhere.  She could sleep in her crib, her swing, her playard, my arms...anywhere!  He's not quite as easy.

Sometimes I can get him to take his shorter naps on his play mat but he hardly ever falls asleep in my arms.  It's good and bad.  Bad because he has a hard time sleeping anywhere other than at home.  He can sleep in the car too but usually once we stop moving, he wakes right up.

I think that Ashlyn was babbling a bit more at this age.  His new thing is to just kind of scream for no reason.  It's pretty funny.  But he really only says ba ba ba.  I think she was putting more sounds together.  I'm really hoping he follows in her footsteps with talking.

I feel like, while they still look a lot alike, they are so different!  Baby Girl had such big cheeks and such a big head.  They both still have those big blue eyes and their little button nose but I really think they are starting to look different now.  I love that they both have crazy hair.  Little Man is already in need of a hair cut!


 
I just can't even begin to express how so very lucky/blessed/privileged I feel to be able to call these two beautiful kids mine.  Not only are they gorgeous, they are just the happiest babies I have ever seen.  They both have the same happy personalities, although my Chunk is a little more pushy than Ashlyn was.  I just can't wait to see how much more alike/different they become!
 

Comments

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS POST! OMG! Seeing them side by side with their 6 month stats and behavior breakdown is incredible!!! They really do look so much alike/so different. It's very obvious they're siblings. I think girls are a lot more vocal a lot sooner than boys, which makes me feel better about Dylan. Ashlyn is/was such a great baby- sleeping from the start, sleeping anywhere! I want to hear those little screams from chunk! AWWWWWW. You really are so lucky to be their mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (They're also very lucky to have you as their mommy)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!