Skip to main content

Chunk's Half Birthday!

Little Chunk was 19lbs 2oz (80%) and 27.75 inches long (95%) at his 6 month appointment.  He did so well with his shots this time!  He only cried for a few seconds.  He was such a big boy!  Aside from a little bit of Eczema that he has on his belly and chest, he is perfect!  He's had a cold for quite some time now too but the doctor wasn't worried.

The basics?

Diapers - Size 3
Clothing - 12-18 month all but PJs.  Still wearing 9 month PJs.
Food - He has eaten everything I've given him so far.  He seems to favor apples and pears.
Sleeping - Through the night!!!
Teeth - Two little chompers!
Words - Nothing yet
Favorite toy - Bouncer, plush parrot, Elmo

So yea...we had to put away all the 9 month clothing already and put the chunkster in 12 month stuff.  I bought him a few things from Old Navy that are 12-18 months and while they are a little baggy on him, they fit him in length.  I can't believe how big this kid is!

He's been eating solids like a rock star.  I made my own applesauce and sweet potatoes for him so that's what we've been working on.  He's almost out so it's time to make some more.  I think I'm going for peas, carrots and green beans this time for veggies and avocado and pears (thanks Shannon!) for fruits.

He is still also getting formula.  We switched him to Gerber Gentle Start formula because my Aunt works for Nestle and can get it for me at a steal.  She gets it at about 1/4 of the cost so we went that route.  He eats 6-7 ounces every 3-4 hours depending on the solids.  I try to feed him solids for lunch and dinner at the least.  At those times he only drinks 3-4 ounces.

He's also been eating a lot of adult foods.  He's had bread, yogurt, ice cream, cake, mashed potatoes.  Just smaller things that I know he can eat.  And never a lot.  He seems to prefer those kinds of foods over the baby food so we'll see.  He's also been eating baby puffs for a while now.

One day, all of the sudden, the little chunk starting sleeping through the night.  I don't know why and I don't question it...I just accept it.  He goes down around 10:30 every night and will sleep until 5 or 6am.  The only consistent thing I do every night is put on some Aveeno Lavender and Vanilla lotion and put on his Lullaby Sleep oil.  I'm going to stop using the oil at some point to see if that's what's causing him to sleep.

He has a pretty regular nap schedule now too.  He always takes one short nap in the morning, one longer nap in the afternoon and then one or two shorter naps in the evening.  It seems to work pretty well.  The afternoon nap is when I get the most done.

He still only has two teeth but I feel like he's been teething non stop so we'll see how long it takes more to pop through.  He's drooling so much I have to put two bibs on him.  He has been loving his baths but still isn't playing in them very much.  He likes to kick the water but he's really not that interested.  I'm hoping that once he can sit up on his own better he will like baths better.

He's a big roller when he's on the floor.  He rolls all over the place.  He's had his butt up in the air a few times so I'm sure crawling isn't too far away.  He doesn't sit up on his own yet but we are working on it. 

He LOVES his bouncer just like his sister did.  He is so funny in that thing.  He also likes his walker.  My mom has a walker for him at her house and he actually walks in it.  He prefers to chew on his little Elmo doll and loves anything that makes a crinkly noise.  I still call him my little thief because he really does try to steal everything!

Pictures of my sweet Little Boy:

 

 
 
 
 
If you follow me on Instagram (vmiller0918) you may have seen some of these already.


Little Dude, you are always so full of smiles.  Daddy makes you laugh like no one else, just like your sister at your age.  Your belly laughs are serious gold for Mommy's heart.  I love your cuddles and the little hugs you've been starting to give.

Your bouncer is your favorite.  You love your activity mat too and you love to roll around on it.  I think your favorite toy to chew on right now is Elmo and you always seem to be looking for him.  You also love to sit in your high chair and play.

You have become the master of pouts.  You throw that bottom lip out and we just melt.  You are always content until you realize that one of us is close and not holding you.  Then you put on the water works.  You have real tears now so it makes it worse!
 
We can't even begin to express how blessed we feel to be able to call you our son.   You and your sister have been the best things we've ever done.  Happy six months big guy!

My BEAUTIFUL 6 month old Little Guy:


I'm going to try to do a comparison post soon.  Pictures and statistics of where Ashlyn was at this point. I love to compare their photos.  They are beginning to look so different.  Chunk is starting to look more like me and I have a picture to prove it!

Tell me you see the resemblance?!

Comments

  1. What a big beautiful healthy happy boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet potatoes and pears were favorites here too! yay for sleep!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is such a cutie! And yay for sleeping through the night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love him, he reminds me so much of Dylan with regard to their happy demeanor, fatty ways, and thievery. You cant get a bad picture of your kids! I'm so happy you can get some sleep. BTW- did you see parenthood yet? I AM SO UPSET WITH JOEL AS USUAL. But next week looks promising...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!